Monday, September 27, 2010

I Hate Mondays!

And not just because it's Monday. The past two weeks have been bad. If you recall, last Monday I got into my first ever fender-bender. It took the rest of the week to get that relatively sorted out.

Today (another Monday) it rained. Just to ensure I'd get to work on time, I left the house 20 minutes earlier than usual. However, I ended up being 10 minutes late. My commute turned out to be 1 hour and 30 minutes, up from the usual 1 hour!! It was frustrating.

Anyway, I open up Outlook and there are a bunch of new emails (no surprise there). One email is from the international headquarters saying I did something wrong and a client's order didn't get processed properly. I double-check. Wait... I did exactly as I had been taught/told. I even have the notes from multiple days to prove it. This is why it really sucks to be the intern or the newbie. You always go out of your way to follow directions exactly--double-checking your work, even triple-checking, and then someone else comes along and tells you that you've screwed up. It sucks. *See latest update below.*

I'm pretty sure I work more than both of my parents at their respective full-time jobs. I spend more than 12 hours a day going to work, working, eating lunch at my desk while working, and driving home from work. Oh, and my parents want to take my entire life savings to buy a house that we can't afford.

End of rant. (For now, at least.)


*Update:* Apparently, now my notes on the exact same procedure from two different days were WRONG. I definitely wrote down everything I heard and even asked questions to clarify this. The problem is that most people are usually too busy to pay attention when the intern/newbie asks a question and just brush it aside with a "Yeah, 'kay."

And then when you do exactly as they say, and an issue arises, they inform you: "The next time you don't understand something, please ask me." (I'm mixing/combining all of my internship/work experiences when I say this.)


I want to retire. NOW. At the ripe old age of 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment